Last updated 12/31/19
How Personal Information is Used and Collected
Qualia may collect the following types of non-public personal information:
- Identifying information such as name, address, telephone number, social security number, driver's license number and/or other identification numbers.
- Consumer report information, including payment history, collection and judgment history, property ownership and other account information.
- Financial background information relating to the ownership and location of assets, employment history and status, as well as other information relating to financial status.
- Certain information we receive and store, for example, when you access the Website, when you supply information such as your address, phone number, or when you submit information through the feedback portals. You can choose not to provide personal information, however Qualia may not be able to provide certain services under those circumstances.
- Cookies sent to your personal computer when you access the Website that specifically identifies the particular browser being utilized. Cookies are used by Qualia for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to information tracking on how to improve the services being provided by Qualia and tracking user tendencies. If you do not want these cookies to be used in connection with your system, you may set your browser so that cookies are not accepted and you may also set your browser to notify you when your system has received a cookie. However, some Qualia features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- IP (Internet Protocol) addresses of computers used to visit this site preserved in the system. In addition, other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site are automatically collected as well.
The non-public personal information Qualia collects is obtained from the following sources:
- Information received on application and other forms;
- Information submitted through the Website and feedback portals;
- Information about transactions with Qualia or third parties;
- Information received from a consumer reporting agency; and
- Information obtained from public records.
How Personal Information is Disclosed and Shared
- Disclosure in response to the order of a court having jurisdiction to issue such an order or a subpoena;
- Disclosure in accordance with the written instruction of the consumer;
- Disclosure in connection with a transaction initiated by the consumer;
- Disclosure to a business with whom Qualia has a trusted relationship for the purpose of processing information on behalf of Qualia or an affiliate of Qualia, in furtherance of a transaction initiated by a consumer, or to third parties that provide mailing and/or other collection-related services;
- Disclosure of information as permitted or required by law;
- Disclosure of non-public personal information to its parent, agents, and affiliates.
Qualia uses software programs to create summary statistics about marketing efforts, which are used for purposes such as assessing the number of visitors to the different pages of our Website. Your personal information is not revealed in such summaries. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are visiting our Website. We request that you never allow anyone else to have access to your personal account information or leave your computer unattended while visiting our Website.
Our Commitment to Protecting the Confidentiality of Personal Consumer Information
Consent to Contact
By using this Website or providing us with your personal contact information such as address, telephone number, mobile telephone number or email address, you consent to Qualia or its servicers, assignees, or third parties contacting you by any contact method provided, including by text messaging, email, an automated dialing device and pre-recorded message call devices.
Consumer Debt Collection Disclosures
This communication is from a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose. Please review important state disclosures here: http://www.qualiacollectionservices.com/state-disclosures
Security of this Website is provided through many components:
- Your web browser, which supports 128-bit version of encryption with the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security protocol. (When you visit www.qualiacollectionservices.com, your personal account information is encrypted when transmitted across the Internet).
While Qualia incorporates the above safeguards to help protect and secure personal information, we cannot guarantee that data transmitted online, wirelessly or by other electronic means is 100% secure. Any use of our Website and the information provided to us is at the user's own risk.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Web browsers allow consumers the choice on how personally identifiable information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services are collected. This Website may not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) privacy preferences set in user web browsers.